Reflecting on a Term of Technology Integration in ELT

 GOODBYE EVERYONE 😖


As we reach the end of the term, it’s a great time to look back and reflect on the journey we’ve taken in exploring technology integration in English language teaching (ELT). This course has been eye-opening, reshaping my perspectives and enhancing my understanding of how technology can revolutionize the way we teach and learn English.


INITIAL THOUGHTS VS. NOW 

Before taking this course, my view of technology in ELT was somewhat limited. I saw it as a supplementary tool rather than a central component of language teaching. My thoughts have significantly changed over the term. I now see technology as an integral part of modern ELT, offering endless possibilities for creating engaging, interactive, and personalized learning experiences.


This course has greatly contributed to my understanding of technology integration in several ways. The various tasks we completed, such as creating digital storytelling projects, using AI tools for writing enhancement, and exploring online resources for language practice, have all been instrumental. These hands-on activities showed me practical applications of technology in the classroom and highlighted the benefits of using these tools to enhance student learning.


Reflecting on each task also deepened my learning. For example, the task where we used AI tools to revise writing highlighted the power of immediate feedback and personalized learning. It made me realize how technology can help students improve their skills efficiently and effectively.


FAVOURITE AND LEAST FAVOURITE TASKS

Among the tasks, my favorite was the digital storytelling project. It allowed me to combine creativity with technology, producing a unique learning experience that was both fun and educational. On the other hand, the task I liked the least was probably the last task, AI tools one because it was hard to do it properly.  

SUGGESTINONS FOR IMPROVEMENT

 Providing more tutorials and guides for new tools could help ease the learning curve for students who may not be as tech-savvy.


Overall, this course has been incredibly enriching. It has broadened my horizons and equipped me with the skills and knowledge to effectively integrate technology into ELT. As we move forward, I’m excited to apply these insights in my future teaching practices and continue exploring the ever-evolving landscape of educational technology. I would like to thank our teacher Gökçe Kurt for providing these to us.I don't think I'll say goodbye here, so I'm ending this post with a half-farewell. take care of yourself.

Even though it's the last post, the gif was taken from here.



PELÄ°N AYBAY

Comments

Popular Posts